Friday, July 11, 2014

"My Job is Super Stressful and it Pays Badly, Too"

 

From an aircraft mechanic to a hospice worker, CNNMoney readers tell us about their low-paying jobs and the stresses of their day-to-day lives.

 
 

Aircraft mechanic

reader stressful jobs tom gomes 3

  • Name: Tom Gomes
  • Hometown: Allison, Iowa
  
Stress is huge in this line of work. A wrong turn of a screw might be life or death. Your integrity, your name and your FAA [Federal Aviation Administration] license are on the line every time you perform maintenance on an aircraft.

Most people when they have a bad day can go home and sleep, but I'm often lying there in bed thinking 'Did I forget something? A tool, a fastener, a missed panel or did I make the right decision?' On the TV news -- [when there's] a crash. [I think:] 'Did I work on that aircraft?'

Related: Stressful jobs that pay badly

The worst stress is when that is true. I not only worked on that aircraft, but knew the pilot as a friend.
I love aviation, but being perfect every time is difficult. It's hard on your family life. After 25-plus years, the stress never goes away.

I have worked on everything from a Piper Cub to a Boeing 747. I also fly them. Most aircraft mechanics are afraid to fly. It would be like working on a car and being afraid to drive.
The average aircraft mechanic makes $50,000 for working on airplanes that cost millions.

P.S. There are many storys out there just like this. If you are reading this and you are tired of being in this same situation, contact us TODAY! If you want to overcome endless amounts of debt and get on the right path to retire early, I have the information you need. Enter your information below and we will contact you within 28-48 hours.

Original Post: CLICK HERE

 Access the Success Blueprint Here!!



We respect your email privacy
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment